Principal – Position Opening January
HCG is seeking a qualified and visionary leader to take our school into it’s next phase of growth and development. Being an administrator at Highlands Christian Grammar School is a privilege. As the present administrator I can attest to the great working relationship with the Board and with teachers, parents and students.
Being an administrator at Highlands Christian Grammar School is a privilege. Are you a leader who enjoys a high degree of trust and autonomy? Living in a developing country has its challenges, but also its rewards. This role involves the whole range of typical school principal functions from Board meetings, personnel recruiting and selection, budgeting and finance, professional development of teachers, supervision of curriculum and both teaching and ancillary personnel. Depending on your skills, and on the others available on staff, there are opportunities to teach 1-2 classes, and to work on IT matters too. Are you a vibrant follower of Christ, with a passion for mission work? If you are a trained and enthusiastic person who loves to work with adults and with children, we invite you to consider this role. Could commence January; starting in July is a possibility too if you are coming from a Northern Hemisphere school system
- Budget and financial management.
- Plan and supervise a curriculum that prepares children for an international school education in Papua New Guinea or for an education system in the home countries.
- To ensure that the school environment is safe for all.
- To recruit and supervise all personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Committed to the philosophy and goals of HCGS.
- Appropriate administration certification/diploma/credentials earned, or tertiary qualification recognised as equivalent.
- Preferred that applicant have at least one year experience in school administration.
- A love and understanding for children.
- Must be accepting of children of other nationalities.
- To be a servant leader.
- To be firm and understanding in dealing with parents, teachers and students.